About our courses
To give you the best possible experience and access to our learning material, the minimum you will need is:
- a laptop or personal computer as your MAIN device
- a stable internet connection via broadband wired or wireless connection (4G/3G/LTE)
- a built-in, USB plug-in or wireless bluetooth speaker and a microphone
- a built-in, USB plug-in webcam or HD webcam or an HD camera or HD camcorder
Most modern devices have the above built-in as standard. Whilst it is possible to participate using a tablet or smart phone, we do not recommend using either of these as your main device as you may lose some functionality. You could use a tablet or smart phone as a SECONDARY device to view publications.
Please click here to see the full system requirements.
- You will need to Join a meeting at https://zoom.us/. It is FREE to use and will allow you to see the tutor and other delegates. It also allows the tutor to share and display PowerPoint presentations, videos and other material on your device.
- To download publications from our website you will need a Microsoft account. It is FREE to register here. The email you use to register will be the one we send any publications to.
- Learner Record Form. You will also need to complete the Learner Record Form prior to joining the event. Click here to complete your Learner Record Form.
- Photographic Identification [ID]. Upon joining the course your tutor will ask for the ID you specified on the Learner Record Form. Please have it nearby so you can show the tutor if asked. Please note, we can refuse entry to the course without it.
No. You will be sent a link in the Booking Confirmation email you receive once booking is confirmed to register for the event. You will need to enter your email address and name and you’ll be sent a link to join the event. After that, you will be admitted to a virtual waiting room. Your tutor will admit when ready.
If you would like to download ZOOM
Go to https://zoom.us/ and download the software and register your details. On the day of your course simply open the software on your device or start the ‘App’ and click Join a meeting. You will find the Meeting ID and Passcode on the email you’ll be sent when you register for the event.
If your course is more than one day in duration or if you lose connection, please use the same link and log in details to re-join. Your instructor should have your contact number to get hold of you. Alternatively, call our office on 023 8022 5497 if you are still experiencing problems.
Whilst we make every attempt to wait for late delegates, doors will close at 08:15am. Entry after this time may not be possible, and you may still be charged. Daily timings are:
- You’ll start at 8:00AM on the first day of your course.
- If your course is more than 1 day in length, you’ll start at 9:00AM on other days.
- You’ll be finished by 5:00PM on every day.
If you are having trouble logging in, please contact our office on 0330 174 1267.
It is advisable that you study before your course. You’ll be sent a link in the Booking Confirmation email we send you to complete a Pre-course Study Pack prior to your course. This is not compulsory but will provide you with your own Individual Learning Plan [ILP]. You will need a Microsoft account to access course material during your course. If you do not have an account you can register for FREE by clicking here. We provide you with a link to your course material once you start the course.
We provide you with a link to your course material once you start the course. We’ll provide instructions on how to download and use them during your study. You will need a Microsoft account to access course material during your course. If you do not have an account you can register for FREE by clicking here.
ZOOM Workshops. If you would like to join us for one of our FREE Zoom Workshops then please click here to book your place. These are no more than 1 hour and will show you the basics of Zoom and will give you an opportunity to complete your Learner Record Form with us.
On the day. You will also be coached on all basic functions of the video conferencing software and guided through your course by your tutor.
Please ensure the room or facilities you are using for your course is free from distractions. If you are participating with a colleague, you should each have your own device and be at least 2m apart.
All exams will be accessed via your internet browser. We recommend using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. At certain points during the course we will send you links to open. These will be either summative [end of topic] or formative exams [end of course]. On completion of each assessment and exam, you will receive immediate feedback and grades. Normally, exams will be at 4:00PM on the last day of your course.
You are allowed 30-45 mins to completed end of course exams.
Please allow 4-6 weeks for your certificate to be processed. It will be sent to the person who made the booking for you. If this was you then it’ll be sent to the address you give us during registration.
If you tell us this when you pass the course, we will send an email to your employer with a letter explaining that you have passed and are awaiting your certificate.
If you are not successful, your tutor will provide feedback and discuss your options with you.
- Thoroughly read these instructions
- Completed your Learner Record Form
- Created a FREE Microsoft account if you don’t already have one
- Registered for a FREE Zoom Workshop to get an insight into how it works
- Assessed and completed your FREE Pre-course Study Pack to help with learning